Been a VERY tough week so far, and its only Tuesday!! Thank you SO much for all the prayers, sweet thoughts and positive energy! I LOVE you, heroes!
Since I can’t think of anything else to use as my first post here, I’ll just lift this list I posted on Facebook!
1. My love of language goes back to Rod Serling and his incredibly articulate openings and closings to The Twilight Zone
2. My earliest memory is of Superman, flying in glorious black and white across the TV screen
3. I have a Masters Degree in elementary education
4. I’m one of the oldest most dedicated Monkees fans still alive
5. I’m seldom, if ever, more than 10 feet away from my video iPod
6. I would wear nothing but black if I could get away with it
7. I pretty much learned to read at an incredibly early age with Superman and Batman comicbooks… “invulnerable” was my first “big word”
8. I absolutely love chili… could literally eat it every day… and if my head ain’t sweatin’ and my nose ain’t runnin’, it ain’t hot enough!
9. I’m a published author
10. I will never agree to a “makeover”… the first thing they’d do is cut my hair and shave my face!
11. I started off as a drummer, then became a guitar-player when I found out girls liked ‘em better!
12. I used to walk in my sleep, even into my 20s… been a long time, but you never know…..
13. I look totally stupid in a hat… and I wish I didn’t!
14. I have the palette of a 12-year-old… finger foods and anything on a stick top my list of favorite foods!
15. I’ve been told I have a “heavy foot” when driving, but I am the most attentive driver I’ve ever known
16. I’m non-competitive
17. My XM spends 90% of the time on “The Sixties On Six”
18. I hate yardwork! If yardwork was a man, I’d be sitting behind bars typing this!
19. As if nobody already knew this, I live for the ocean, a place in the sun, and would string up a hammock on the beach and would call it “home”!
20. All of my heroes have been fictional… impossible for them to disappoint you
21. In 30 years on the job, I have never established a relationship with more than a couple of my co-workers beyond “acquaintance”
22. I’ve never been a “no shirt” kinda guy, even around the house, until recently (guess the Hercules costume opened that up)
23. I would watch little else than comedy and sci-fi/fantasy… never wanna see another “slice of real life” drama again… I got a real life! Entertain me!
24. I can’t sleep in ANY position but lying on my side… no sleep in a car, on a plane, on my back… makes me the main driver on trips!
25. I WOULD cut my hair and shave… even wear a purple tux… if I were given the opportunity to sing the Great American Songbook in front of a live jazz group for a living
26. I take being a “role-model” VERY seriously, especially as it pertains to my students
27. To me, the floor is just one very big, very low shelf
28. At one time, I wore the “Mr. T Starter Set”… two gold chains, three rings, nugget bracelet and gold watch… today, I’m as minimalist as I can be!
29. The “car” I have now, the Ford SportTrac, is the FIRST vehicle I’ve EVER owned that I was actually proud to be seen behind the wheel of… and I’ve NEVER owned a new car
30. My musical tastes are ferociously eclectic… when the iPod is shuffling at the gym, it may jump from Monkees to Nickleback, from Jimi Hendrix to Jimmy Buffett, from Beatles to Kenny Chesney, from Bon Jovi to Diana Krall!